Rendell Statement on Tim Russert

HARRISBURG – Governor Edward G. Rendell expressed sorrow upon learning of the death of veteran NBC Newsman Tim Russert.

“Tim was the epitome of political journalists; someone who was very personable and could conduct very informative and sometimes riveting interviews,” Governor Rendell said. “Over the past few decades, Tim’s keen grasp of political issues in Washington and across the nation made him must see TV.

“As a newsmaker, I knew I had to be prepared when I was interviewed by him, because I knew he was very prepared. As moderator of ‘Meet the Press,’ he extracted information the general public needed to be better informed.

“Midge and I are shocked and saddened to hear of his untimely death and we express our condolences to Tim’s family and close friends.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Two Arrested on Drug Charges