Kathy Rapp Named Deputy Whip

HARRISBURG - House Republican Whip Mike Turzai (R-Allegheny) has appointed Representative Kathy Rapp (R-Warren/Forest/McKean) to serve as a House Republican deputy whip for the 2009-2010 legislative session.

"I am humbled and honored by this additional opportunity Caucus leadership has bestowed upon me to serve both the Republican Party and my constituents," said Rapp. "The relationships that I have built during my past four years of legislative service will help me relate to my fellow colleagues and unite the party for the common cause of putting Pennsylvania Taxpayers First."

Rapp recently met with Republican Whip Turzai and the other appointed deputy whips to discuss the group's priorities for the upcoming legislative session. As deputy whip, Rapp will be called upon to handle a variety of House floor responsibilities, including helping to monitor floor attendance, assisting in obtaining accurate vote counts and communicating caucus positions prior to House floor debates.

In addition, Rapp will return for her third consecutive term as a member of the House Education, Environmental Resources and Energy and Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness committees.

"As a third term legislator, I have sought to become a member of precisely those committees where I feel I can really make a difference for the people I serve in Forest, McKean and Warren counties," said Rapp. "Each of these committees is intimately involved in drafting laws and addressing major issues that directly impact my constituents. Paramount to those responsibilities as a representative for some of the most financially depressed school districts in Pennsylvania, is making sure that the governor's inequitable school funding formula does not continue robbing rural school districts to over-pay Philadelphia area school districts. I look forward to working together with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to address the problem of providing equitable and sustainable educational funding for the benefit of all Pennsylvania children."

Photo of Turzai and Rapp courtesy of House Republican Public Relations

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Two Arrested on Drug Charges