Sometimes I Love My Job

Actually, I love my job all the time. But some weeks I love it more than others. I'm not even talking about the actual news that I've covered over the last couple of weeks. It's my talk show, "The LiveLine," that's had me loving my job so much lately. Last week alone I interviewed best-selling author John Grisham (about Hillary Clinton), Command Sergeant Major Jesse Andrews, who is currently deployed with the Third Infantry Division in Iraq (he called from Baghdad) and Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett. Who says a newsperson in little ol' Bradford, Pa., can't get the good "gets?"

In the next couple of weeks my guests will be "City of Light" author Lauren Belfer, local author (and a friend of mine) Jim Kinney and Pennsylvania Senate President Pro Tempore Joe Scarnati. He's my favorite guest. He says I'm his favorite talk show host, too, so we're even. And to think I couldn't stand the guy in 2000. But I digress ...

I'm also starting a series on child abuse and interviewing people from the March of Dimes, the YWCA Victims Resource Center and the local Red Cross, three of my favorite agencies.

Yes, I really do love my job. I'm sure other "news geeks" will understand why.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you have a thing for Scarnati?
Anonymous said…
I heard the Grisham interview. How many people in "little ol' Bradford, Pa" can say he told them to call him John? KEWL!
Anonymous said…
do you have a picture of jesse andrews? i'm wondering if it's the same jesse i know?
Anne said…
I do have a picture of Sgt. Major Andrews, but not one that I can upload to the blog. I'll see if I can get one, though.
Anonymous said…
Scarnait is kind of cute in a politician kind of way. Don't you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Two Arrested on Drug Charges