Funeral for a Firefighter




Current and retired Bradford City Firefighters pay their respects to retired Captain Bob Zeigler as the funeral procession passes by the fire station. Zeigler died Thursday at his home following a lengthy illness.

Yes, the sniffling you hear is me crying. He was my next-door neighbor for many years. I have wonderful memories of him -- as a firefighter, the father of a friend of mine, and a guy I'd chat with at church or whenever I saw him around town. Can't get into that now, though, because I have to go on the air soon and there are more tears just below the surface.

zeigler1.JPG

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is a very nice video. Bob was a wonderful man. We have been neighbors with Bob and Jan for many years now. No matter how bad Bob felt, he never complained. He always put others before himself. RIP my friend.
Anne said…
That's one thing everyone always said about him. Something else about him that goes back to his firefighting days -- I just said this to Boo Coder a few mintues ago. When Bob told you "Don't worry, we'll keep you safe," you believed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Two Arrested on Drug Charges