Lovin' the News

My job is so cool. For as long as I can remember, I've enjoyed telling people about the news. My first vivid memory of this is when I found out Lyndon Johnson wasn't running for re-election. This was back when there was a Buffalo Evening News and it was delivered to our door. Anyway, I remember getting the paper, reading the story and running to the kitchen where my Mom was cooking dinner to tell her that President Johnson wasn't running. I was 7.

40 years later (yeah, I'm admitting it) my actual job is what I've wanted to do, and have been doing, since I was a kid -- gathering news and telling people about it.

On Friday after I finished talking to Scott Hamilton about the "Capitol Fourth" on PBS, I started thinking about all the people I've interviewed this year for The LiveLine and Weekend Wrap, who have also been on the "Today" show and "Good Morning America" and "The Late Show" and "Oprah" and ... Well, you get the idea. I realized -- again -- how cool my job is. (This list doesn't include local/state people.)

Mark Mathis, producer of "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed;"
Alexandra Stoddard, author and TV personality
John Grisham, author
Lauren Belfer, author
Mary Steenbergen, actress
Senator Arlen Specter
Congressman John Peterson
Debbie Macomber, author
Nancy Amanda Redd, author and former Miss Virginia
David Poyer, author
Lisa Oz. (I actually got to talk to Dr. Oz, but he was on his way to a conference so he couldn't do the interview. Lisa was great, though.)
Wiley "The Salad Man" Mullins
Scott Hamilton, Olympic gold medalist

I wasn't going to mention the state people, but I will mention a couple after all. Besides Joe Scarnati and Marty Causer, who are frequent guests (not frequent enough!), I also interviewed Attorney General Tom Corbett and Department of Community and Economic Development Secretary Dennis Yablonsky.

If I started talking about all the local people I've interviewed, and why that's so much fun, I'd be writing until Monday (when my LiveLine guest will be author of "Practically Posh," Robyn Moreno. So, thanks to all the newsmakers who make my job fun.

Actually, it wasn't right after I talked to Scott Hamilton that was thinking about this. I was channel surfing yesterday afternoon and saw Mike Cejka -- talk to him all the time; Mike Randall -- left a comment on the blog; Joe Scarnati; Chris Hansen -- interviewed him, and had my picture taken with him; Crystal Gayle -- interviewed her; Neil Cavuto -- went to college with him. That was just kind of neat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges