From 'Talk About Bradford'

I usually don't use entire posts from Talk About Bradford, but this post from Dr. Brian J. MacNamara is so good that I'm using the whole thing.


"I took a walk down Main Street tonight to take advantage of the warm weather before Frosty arrives. What a great town! I never become used to the classic set up. Some store fronts are pumpkinized and I like the witch at the butcher.

I still look at Bradford as I did when I first came to town. Instantly, I wanted to live here. If only I could get the building at Main and Kennedy- Schonblom, is it? It reminds me of the artwork depicting Marilyn, Elvis and Bogey sitting at a coffee counter. Although, I think it would make a great Ice Cream Soda Shop.

Things are happening all over and I tend to bark a bit, but it is due to what I view the potential of our town to be. Every person I passed greeted me in some way. It may seem like a trivial point- but, it's not. It's a special trait like smelling Hallowe'en in the air. There's less debris, it seems brighter, windows look different and there's a new aura about.

There's something else just becoming perceivable: new opportunity, new business, new hopes, new attitudes and new vigor for a grand old town. It's in the air. Can you sense it?

It is a "wonderful life" isn't it..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges