Jesse Campbell Trial Underway

During the trial for a Houtzdale man accused of killing his mother, a state trooper testified today about letters found in the defendant's bedroom.

Jesse James Campbell is charged with criminal homicide for allegedly killing his mother Cindy Jo Coleman on March 13.

Trooper Michelle Zeiders read one of the letters to the jury today. It says “God knows I hate with a passion who I am. He knows my disgust … that’s why I hate him … I am a horrible person. Horrible and evil.”

Another line from the letter states, “Because I could kill my mother with a dull steak knife."

Also today, a DNA expert testified that blood on sweatpants worn by Campbell matched his mother's blood.

In the first day of the trial on Monday several witnesses testified that Campbell had talked about killing his mother.

Campbell is accused of slitting his mother's throat with a steak knife then reading the Bible to her as she died. Earlier they had argued about a computer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges