Glenn Thompson's Full Statement:

The votes have been counted, and a winner declared in Pennsylvania's Fifth Congressional District. Glenn Thompson from the small town of Howard, Centre County, out polled his Democratic rival, Mark McCracken and Jim Fryman, the Libertarian candidate from Venango County in the race to succeed retiring Representative John Peterson, R-Pleasantville. Thompson issued the following statement:

"Back in January when I decided to run for the Congress, I committed myself to a campaign that was focused on the issues. I am proud to have run a positive campaign and extremely honored and humbled to have gained the confidence of the voters of the Fifth Congressional District to serve as their next representative in Washington.

"As your representative, I won't make any outlandish promises, but I will guarantee you this. I will always put the citizens of this district above politics and will never waver in my support of the men and women that serve our country in uniform.

"While the challenges are demanding, and the issues facing this country far and wide, I look forward to the opportunity to work for the constituents of the fifth district and welcome the fight that lays ahead.

"I would be remiss if I didn't thank my opponents, whom I formed a genuine friendship with the past six months, for their spirited debate and issues oriented campaign. To my family, who supported me from day one and endured personal sacrifice. And to my team of volunteers and supporters that believed in my message and offered rock solid support throughout this entire campaign, thank you.

"I have some big shoes to fill, but I am confident that with your help, and the support of the people of this region, the Fifth District will remain a family values, compassionate community whose best days are yet to come."

"Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank Congressman John Peterson for his 12 years of service in Washington on behalf of us in Pennsylvania's Fifth District. I also appreciate his confidence in my ability to work on behalf of his constituents and will work as hard as I possibly can, to provide the same superb representation that we have come to expect here is central Pennsylvania."

The fifth district, which stretches across 17 of Pennsylvania's 63 counties, is the largest Congressional District in Pennsylvania and is the second largest East of the Mississippi River. Congressman John Peterson, who represented the Fifth District for 12 years did not seek re-election.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges