It's Thompson, Scarnati, Young

Not surprisingly, Barack Obama did not win big in McKean County. He got about 32 percent of the vote.

In other races, Republican Glenn Thompson seems to be the winner of the 5th District Congressional seat.

With 66 percent of the precincts reporting, Thompson is leading Mark McCracken by more than 30,000 votes.

In McKean County, Thompson has garnered 69 percent of the vote so far, while McCracken has 29 percent.

In McCracken's home county of Clearfield, Thompson got 52 percent of the vote compared to McCracken's 46 and a half.

Thompson says, "Back in January when I decided to run for the Congress, I committed myself to a campaign that was focused on the issues. I am proud to have run a positive campaign and extremely honored and humbled to have gained the confidence of the voters of the Fifth Congressional District to serve as their next representative in Washington.

"As your representative, I won't make any outlandish promises, but I will guarantee you this. I will always put the citizens of this district above politics and will never waver in my support of the men and women that serve our country in uniform.


"While the challenges are demanding, and the issues facing this country far and wide, I look forward to the opportunity to work for the constituents of the fifth district and welcome the fight that lays ahead," he says.

In the race for the 25th District State Senate seat, incumbent Joe Scarnati beat his challenger Donald Hilliard by a margin of about 3 to 1.

Scarnati says he's looking forward to returning to Harrisburg.

"It's about restoring respect and trust in the process and the Legislatuare, and as I work on these next four years that will continue to be one of my top priorities. And I just want to thank so many of my constituents that have honored me," Scarnati says.

In McKean County, Scarnati's margin of victory was 4 to 1.

The battle for the 75th District State House seat between incumbent Dan Surra and challenger Matt Gabler is still too close to call.

With 50 percent of the precincts reporting, it's 51 percent for Gabler and 49 percent for Surra.

Representatives Marty Causer and Kathy Rapp ran unopposed.

In New York, state senator Cathy Young has defeated her challenger Christopher Schaeffer. With 97 percent of the precincts reporting, she has 78 percent of the votes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Two Arrested on Drug Charges