Tom Ridge Won't Run in 2010

Former Pennsylvania Governor and Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge has decided he won't run for senate next year.

Ridge's statement says he is enormously grateful for the confidence my party expressed in me, the encouragement and kindness of my fellow citizens in Pennsylvania and the valuable counsel I received from so many of my party colleagues."

Ridge also said, "To those who believe that the Republican Party is facing challenges, they are right. To those who believe the Democratic Party is without its own difficulties, they are wrong. No one party has a monopoly on all of the answers."

Quinnipiac University pollster Clay Richards recently said Ridge is probably the only Republican who could give new Democrat Arlen Specter a run for his money.

To read Ridge's statement, go to pa2010.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges