PSP: Cigarette Butts Caused Fire

Discarded cigarette butts caused the fire that destroyed a Duke Center house Tuesday afternoon.

State Police Fire Marshal Thomas Josephson says the fire at Jeff and Cindy Gardner's house started on the back porch when cigarette butts ignited the plastic bucket they were discarded in. The fire spread to other items on the porch, then traveled into the house through a rear first floor window and then to the rest of the house.

Damage is estimated at $140,000.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casey Statement on VAWA Passage

Former Host of WESB Show
Passes Away at Age 97

Cuomo Signs New Gun Laws