Accused Carjacker Waives Hearing

A man accused of carjacking a vehicle from the Zippo parking lot on Barbour Street has waived his preliminary hearing.

According to papers filed in District Judge Dom Cercone's office, 24-year-old Michael Blum of Congress Street approached Ryan Anderson on August 6 and demanded the keys to his vehicle. When Anderson refused, Blum pulled out a knife, held it to Anderson's throat and said "Give me your f***ing keys. I am not kidding."

Blum's alleged accomplice, Jessica Gulledge, got in the car and backed it up while Blum was still holding the knife on Anderson, according to the affidavit of probable cause.

Blum also demanded Anderson's wallet. The second time, Anderson gave him a pack of cigarettes.

On August 7, the stolen vehicle was involved in a chase that started in Smethport and ended in Limestone, NY.

Blum is charged with robbery, robbery of a motor vehicle, conspiracy, theft by unlawful taking, simple assault and reckless endangerment.

He's in jail on $50,000 bail.

from the affidavit of probable cause filed in Cercone's Union Square office

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am Michael Blum ex wife, I hate everything he did to this family and most of all our two children. I am now tying to raise 2 girls alone because of his stupidity usin drugs. Recently laid off from work and with him in prison now the systems waives all his child support he will nothave to pay while behind bars and he will not hav to pay it when he gets out he has been waived of the responsibility. I am so glad that this boy did not get hurt and I pray that in the long run my girls use this as a lesson " say no to drugs" I am trying my best to use his mishaps to teach my girls to do the right things.

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges