The 1490 NewsBlog

powered by NewsRadio 1490 WESB

brought to you, in part, by


http://colememorial.org

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fire Damages Charlotte Home

Combustible material too close to a chimney caused a house fire in the Town of Charlotte this morning.

The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team was called in to determine the cause of the fire that started at just before 7 a.m. at the home of Kevin and Beth Oakes. They say the fire started in a confined space where the home’s wood-burning furnace’s chimney was located. The fire has been ruled accidental.

Fire damaged was limited to the roof and a second floor bedroom.

Sheriff’s deputies say the Oakes’ adult daughter Erika was sleeping in another second floor bedroom when the fire started, but she was able to escape without injuries because of working smoke detectors in the house.

The news leader of the Twin Tiers ... since 1947

No comments: