The 1490 NewsBlog

powered by NewsRadio 1490 WESB

brought to you, in part, by


http://www.charlescolehospital.com/services-cardiopulmonology.aspx

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fire Destroys Town of Busti Home

A Chautauqua County woman and her grandson are homeless this Thanksgiving after fire destroyed their home Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to 1972 Hoag Road in the Town of Busti at around 1:30 p.m. and found the inside of the house fully involved in fire. The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team determined that the fire started in the kitchen, where a burner on the stove had been left on.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries. The Red Cross is assisting the homeowner and her grandson.

The house was a total loss and an emergency demolition was ordered.

The Ashville Fire Department was assisted by firefighters from Bemus Point, Busti, Celeron, Chautauqua, Kiantone, Lakewood, Panama and Sherman.

1 comment:

Felix Lee said...

That's so tragic and it's horrible that it had to happen on Thanksgiving. It is fortunate that both the woman and her grandson weren't harmed. That's something to be thankful for...