The 1490 NewsBlog

powered by NewsRadio 1490 WESB

brought to you, in part, by


http://colememorial.org

Thursday, December 20, 2012

PSP: Electtrical Malfunctions Leading to
Christmas Tree Caused High Street Fire

A state police fire marshal has released the official cause of a High Street fire earlier month, and is hoping other people take precautions so the same thing doesn’t happen to them.

Corporal Martin Henneman says the fire at 228 High Street on December 9 started because of electrical malfunctions in the outlet and extension cord leading to the Christmas tree.

He is asking that everyone check their electrical equipment and only use equipment that is in good condition and is properly installed.

Henneman also asked that people check their smoke detectors and have a safety plan.

Several dogs, cats and birds died in the High Street fire.

The news leader of the Twin Tiers ... since 1947

No comments: