Gabler Issues Statement on Flooding

HARRISBURG – In response to the recent storms and flooding in DuBois and the surrounding area, state Rep. Matt Gabler (R-DuBois) is issuing the following statement:

“My thoughts and prayers are with the residents of DuBois and the surrounding area who continue to deal with widespread flooding from recent storms.

“I particularly want to thank Governor Tom Corbett for responding rapidly to our plight and moving quickly to personally inspect the damages. There is no substitute for boots on the ground, and I am extremely grateful for the rapidity with which he responded.

“I would also like to say how lucky I feel to share my district with the president pro tempore of the state Senate and to share a border with the speaker of the House. Few districts could expect to have the top three leaders of state government visit on such short notice.

“While it was necessary for them to return to budget negotiations in Harrisburg, Congressman Glenn ‘GT’ Thompson and I are planning a visit to DuBois Saturday to personally meet with people affected by the storms. I want to thank the congressman for responding to my request to join me in personally viewing the damages.

“Our visit will allow us to assess the damage and make a strong case for federal government assistance. We are working together on the details of our visit, and will send them out as soon as they are finalized.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges