Casey Statement on Capitol Incident

Washington DC - U.S. Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) released the following statement regarding the incident today on the Capitol Grounds.

“My office has received countless calls of concern regarding the incident on the Capitol Grounds today. I was walking outside of the Capitol when I heard a popping noise that sounded like gunfire and the Capitol Police quickly directed us to appropriate nearby shelter. Once the Capitol Police gave the ok, I returned to my office. My staff sheltered in place during the incident. I appreciate the concern of Pennsylvanians. I am grateful for the fast action and professionalism of the Capitol Police and my thoughts and prayers are with officer who was injured in the incident.”

Read the story from NBC News here.

The news leader of the Twin Tiers ... since 1947

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges