Code Enforcement Shuts Business Down

The City Code Enforcement Office shut down an East Main Street business after a faulty wood stove caught on fire this morning.

City Fire Department Captain Matt Rettger tells WESB In and Out Tire was burning “trash and debris” in the wood stove. He added that some of it was construction debris including particle board, paneling and furniture.

He says the business will be closed until code enforcement deems it safe to reopen.

The fire was reported at 11:20 a.m. Rettger says firefighters were on the scene for about an hour “making sure the building wasn’t on fire.”

The news leader of the Twin Tiers ... since 1947

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Former Host of WESB Show
Passes Away at Age 97

Casey Statement on VAWA Passage

Cuomo Signs New Gun Laws