Fire Claims Life of Ripley Man
The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team say 61-year-old Kevin Lantz was found inside the West Main Street home at just after 4 p.m. He was taken to Westfield Memorial Hospital, where he died a short time later.
Investigators say an electronic device in the house accidentally caught on fire. They say it appears Lantz was able to get device to the porch of the house, but he went back in and then couldn’t get back out because of smoke inhalation.
Investigators are continuing to look into the incident.