The 1490 NewsBlog

powered by NewsRadio 1490 WESB

brought to you, in part, by


http://www.colememorial.org

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

PSP: Clogged Dryer Vent Caused Fire

A clogged clothes dryer vent was the cause of a fire that damaged a mobile home in Smethport early Friday morning.

A state police fire marshal says the fire started in the dryer vent that was completely clogged with lint. The fire spread from the vent to the interior of the home of Dennis Campbell, Anita Beard and 4-year-old and 2-year-old boys. No one was hurt. Damage is estimated at $30,000.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

The news leader of the Twin Tiers ... since 1947

No comments: