The 1490 NewsBlog

powered by NewsRadio 1490 WESB

brought to you, in part, by


http://www.colememorial.org

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Ruptured Gas Line Causes Fire, Power Outage

A contractor hit and ruptured a natural gas line in Bemus Point this morning, igniting the line, sending flames shooting into the air, damaging utility poles and leaving parts of the village without power.

Sheriff’s deputies say a vehicle was destroyed but no homes were damaged and no people were hurt. The fire started at about 8:45 a.m. and last for about 45 minutes.

About 200 people were without power at one point. Most of it was restored at about 4 p.m.

The news leader of the Twin Tiers ... since 1947

No comments: