Review: The Girls in the Picture by Melanie Benjamin

The Girls in the PictureThe Girls in the Picture by Melanie Benjamin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Nobody writes character-centric historical fiction better than Melanie Benjamin. Her story of Frances Marion and Mary Pickford in the early days of Hollywood is not only entertaining, it's informative and enlightening. I had no idea how much of an influence Frances had on Hollywood. And, for that matter, I didn't realize Mary Pickford was that powerful.

I love the way Melanie Benjamin's mind works, and I'm thankful that she can get what's in her head onto book pages.

Because I enjoyed the Audible version, I should say narrator Kimberly Farr is a fantastic actress and I will definitely listen to other books she narrates.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges