The Cutting Edge (Lincoln Rhyme, #14)The Cutting Edge by Jeffery Deaver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A brutal triple murder in NYC's Diamond District sets Lincoln Rhyme, Amelia Sachs & crew into action. It seems "The Promisor" is targeting engaged couples, and for what seems like a rather crazy reason. At the same time, a series of earthquakes and explosions from resulting gas leaks has the city edge. I won't go any deeper into either set of circumstances because I don't want to leave spoilers. But I will say the story was going along nicely and then ... Wow! I didn't see that coming! Then just when I got over that twist ... Hold on, here's another one, and another. And then, even though (I see it now!) he put in some subtle foreshadowing, I did not anticipate the last, big, delightful (in a "Yay, more Rhyme and Sachs books" way) twist. Jeffery Deaver always delivers, and always leaves me wanting more. (Note: You can easily follow the story even if you haven't read other Lincoln Rhyme books.)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges