Review: Never Tell

Never Tell Never Tell by Lisa Gardner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lisa Gardner is a master at her craft and she just keeps getting better and better.

In Never Tell Boston PD Detective D.D. Warren and kidnap victim/avenger/CI Flora Dane are back working on the case of a man who was shot to death in his home, and who may have had contact with Flora when she was being held captive by monster Jacob Ness. The man's wife, Evie, is a suspect because not only did she have the smoking gun in her hand when police arrived, she claimed to have "accidentally" shot her father 16 years earlier.

Much to D.D.'s dismay (at first) other people, including the FBI and a true-crime blogger, are also working on the case, which leads to a trip to the dark web where some questions are answered but others are raised.

The story is told in alternating chapters by D.D., Flora and Evie, which I liked because it not only shows all points of view, but all vantage points. I especially liked Flora who, with all her (understandable) psychological problems, manages to help solve the crime.

Also, I smiled when I found out the red herring Lisa put in there tricked me. She did it again. And I loved it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges