Letter to the Editor

As many of you know, this will be my last term in Congress. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve you as your Representative, and while I am proud of the work we have done in Washington, I am still saddened that personal responsibilities have led me to the decision to retire. My deepest concern now is to see that the work we have begun here on behalf of the people of the Fifth District does not come to a stop.

I have been inclined to remain an observer in this race, but after talking with all the candidates, some several times, it became obvious to me that I could not stay mute. While there are fine candidates in the field, only one stood out for his ability, his dedication to his community over a long period of time, and for his understanding of our critical issues.

That is why I am endorsing Glenn Thompson as the best person to take my seat in the next session of Congress.

Glenn Thompson has the commitment to be your Congressman. Instead of spending large amounts of money, Glenn has taken a leave of absence from his job, to travel the district, to learn our concerns, and to meet our people.

Glenn Thompson is a leader. I have personally known him to be one of the most effective county Republican chairman in Pennsylvania, and his long record of service includes time on his local school board, thirty years of leadership with the Boy Scouts, and long time commitment to local workforce development.

Glenn Thompson is a healthcare professional. He understands the needs of the rural community when it comes to medicine; and he understands what still needs to be done to continue my work to bring equity to rural hospitals.

Glenn Thompson is a family man, deeply committed to his wife and his three sons. He watched with pride as his son left for Iraq, and with concern when his son came home wounded. Glenn believes in the future of this country, and in the sacrifices some have to make to keep our liberties intact. Glenn has personally made some of those sacrifices and understands the tough choices a Congressman has to make on a day-to-day basis.

That is why I am asking you to join me in supporting Glenn Thompson in his quest to be the next Congressman from Pennsylvania’s Fifth Congressional District. He is clearly the best choice to continue my work on issues that matter to us: Rural Health Care, Energy Independence, and bringing Jobs and Stability to our communities

Please join me on April 22nd as I go to the polls to vote for Glenn Thompson, a man who will be Our Representative with Our Values.

With Warm and Personal Regards,

Congressman John E. Peterson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges