My Thoughts on the Moviehouse

A couple of newspaper articles about the lack of attendance at Bradford's movie theater has started an interesting discussion at Talk About Bradford.

Well, I have a few thoughts, too (which are not necessarily the thoughts of anyone else at the stations):

From an article:
We talked about marketing the theater more to the University of Pittsburgh (at Bradford) to get more people there.
My thought:
But you're not going to bring in the R-rated movie college kids want to see?

From an article:
He also mentioned marketing toward the St. Marys and Kane areas due to a lack of theaters there.
My thought:
I'm sure the owners of the Family Drive In Theatre in Kane would be surprised to know there's not a theater there ... which is showing "Mama Mia" this weekend, by the way.

From an article:
Some people think the 5:15 p.m. time is inconvenient.
My thought:
But you're not going to do anything about it because ...?

From an article:
Dipson will continue to advertise in newspapers and keep listings available on the company’s Web site.
My thought:
Because that's been working so well for you that you're not going to try anything different ... like radio, for example?

From the article:
One thing movie officials won’t likely do is heavily alter its targeted demographic. When the Main Street Moviehouse reopened five years ago, officials were searching for the most profitable kind of movies to bring to the community. We concluded that the greatest demand in Bradford was for family-oriented films. We don’t book R-rated films. I don’t think that’s going to change.
My thought:
Again, because that's been working so well for you?

I don't have any solutions because, frankly, I haven't thought about it that much. But I do know that if something's not working, it's time to re-think your plan.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How's that go? Doing the same thing over again expecting different results is.........

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges