Letter to the Editor
Fuino: Enough About Me

Editor's Note: This letter concerns the conflicting opinions of Bradford Mayor Tom Riel and McKean County District Attorney John Pavlock.

I am appalled that I seem to be a "red herring" between these to "warring" public officials.

While Mr. Riel has a legitimate complaint with 1 or 2 local law officers for instigating a false complaint against him in an apparent attempt to keep Mr. Riel from office, a complaint in which I was approached to be a part of, Mr. Pavlock doesn't seem to have a legitimate complaint concerning me. Then why am I being dragged through the mud?

I don't fit any description given by any witness concerning the Crosby Mini Mart robbery of Lewis Run. I do not have gray hair. I do not and have not had a beard. I do not have an acne-scarred face. I have never confessed to anyone, especially a Pennsylvania State Trooper, of my guilt to any crime.

I find it ridiculous that I be the center of attention here. I have a past record. I never said to anyone that I didn't. I plead no contest to an F3 Felony and a misdemeanor and received a 3-6 year sentence. Why?

According to state law, if I got on the witness stand to testify on my own behalf, then my past record could be read to the jury. What jury would not be influenced by this information? What jury would or could give me the benefit of the doubt? But this is our law, and rather than face 25-50 years in prison, I agreed to a 3-6 year sentence worked out by the public defender and Ray Learn of the DA's office.

Ask yourself this: If the DA had a confession that I admitted to this crime, why not just take me to trial and put me away for life? Why give me 3 years?

But enough about me. That's the reason for this letter: Enough about me!

I hate the fact that I must write this letter in defense of myself. I hate the fact that my family (is being) embarrassed by these continuing articles. I have served my time. I am serving time now. I am not bitter or angry. You've heard it said "Sometimes life serves us lemons …" Well, this is my lemon and I'm gonna be a man and accept my fate.

And to each and every one of you who read this, know this: I deeply respect Mayor Riel and District Attorney Pavlock, but don't judge another human being until you've walked in their shoes.

Dennis Fuino
McKean County Jail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Two Arrested on Drug Charges