McCall Won't Run for Another Term

House Speaker Keith R. McCall announced today that he has chosen to not run for another term as state representative for the 122nd Legislative District in Carbon County.

"First off I want to say ‘thank you’ to the people of Carbon County for allowing me the honor and the privilege of serving you in Harrisburg," McCall said. "I’m proud to have lived my entire life here, and I hope and pray that my family and I will be here for as long as the Good Lord allows.

"This decision is about my family. I first came to Harrisburg as a single 22-year-old man following in his father’s footsteps. Now I have a wonderful wife and two amazing children – all of whom I owe not only my thanks, but also a lot of missed dinners, football and baseball games, volleyball games and help with homework.

"This decision was neither quick nor easy. The House of Representatives has been my life’s work, but – after one more year of very hard work yet to come – it will be time to take another step forward in that life for myself, my family, and my loved ones," he said in a statement.

Governor Ed Rendell said McCall will be missed in Harrisburg.

"For a long time he has been a leader in moving the progressive agenda forward to help meet Pennsylvania's challenges," Rendell said. "In his brief tenure as Speaker, he did a terrific job. His departure from the House will be a very significant loss."


http://www.pahouse.com/PR/122011210.asp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges