100.The Hero's Igor Awarded by PAB

WBRR 100.1 The Hero’s “Igor” was named an “Outstanding Radio Personality” for 2013 at the annual award ceremony of the Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters in Hershey on Monday.

The “Nocturnal Transmission” host, who serves as music director and imaging production director for Bradford’s WESB 1490 AM and WBRR 100.1 FM “The Hero”, also received the “Outstanding Radio Promotional Announcement” award for the creation and production of station IDs for “The Rocking Dead Weekend”, a “Walking Dead” parody that the station ran over Halloween weekend, which featured the biggest hits of dead rock stars.

Operations manager Frank Williams said: “It’s no surprise that Igor brought home these great awards. His show is edgy, funny, and is, without a doubt, the best rock-focused evening programing in the area. His production has always been top-notch and been winning the station awards for years now.”

Igor has been winning awards from the PAB since he arrived in Bradford in 2008. He has received five awards in the past five years.

“I’ve been so busy these last five years concentrating on music programming and creating award-winning production,” Igor said. “It never really occurred to me that the PAB judges would be interested in my show.

“It’s really just a way I wind down from my workday. I find topics on the internet that makes the 17-year-old in me chuckle and hope it does the same for the audience. I’m just glad the boss doesn’t listen at night so I can get away with the things that I say.”

His show can be heard Monday through Friday from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on 100.1 and online at 100.1TheHero.com.

The news leader of the Twin Tiers ... since 1947

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Two Arrested on Drug Charges