Gabler Issues Statement on Flooding

In the wake of severe weather that struck a number of Elk County communities Wednesday morning, state Rep. Matt Gabler (R-Clearfield/Elk) is issuing the following statement:

“I have been in touch with my staff frequently during my overseas NATO training exercises in France with the 28th Infantry Division of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard. They reached out to me immediately Wednesday as they began to hear of the damage caused by the heavy thunderstorms that rolled through the area.

“My heart goes out to the local residents who have been severely impacted by the weather, particularly everyone in Benezette, Jay Township, Johnsonburg, Penfield and Ridgway, where I’m told the flooding is the worst. Please know while I am a great distance away, the resources of my St. Marys district office are at your disposal.

“My staff is working closely with the Elk County Office of Emergency Services, which is currently handling flood damage calls at (814) 776-4601. They are prepared to take on additional responsibilities should the need arise, and will help in any way they can.

“They have also been in touch with Congressman Glenn ‘GT’ Thompson, who will be visiting the area sometime Friday. I appreciate him taking time to come home to get a first-hand look at the area.”

The news leader of the Twin Tiers ... since 1947

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges