Book Review: The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth

 


I started this book after seeing a suggestion on my library's Facebook page. All I knew about it was one of the characters is a librarian. After listening to it, I understand why the post couldn't divulge much more than that.

The Good Sister has so many interesting twists and turns I wasn't even sure until the very end what the true story was about the events that transpired. That's a good thing.

The story centers on a set of twins who are as different as night and day. Several events from their childhood are brought to light in flashbacks, although they "remember" the events quite differently. As adults, one of the sisters learns she can't get pregnant. The other decides she will carry a baby for her twin to repay her for everything she did for her when they were growing up. Some of the most poignant scenes involve the birth mother and how she feels about the baby.

Even before I knew which was the "good" sister, I liked one of them very much. I also liked Rocco/Wally, the "homeless multi-millionaire." And, I learned some trivia about "Where's Waldo?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges