Book Review: What Happened to the Bennetts by Lisa Scottoline


 Lisa Scottoline is one of my favorite authors so it pains me to say I didn't like this book and found it tedious and annoying at times.

The story started out interesting ... as a family is driving home one of the family members is shot and killed and the rest of the family is put into the witness protection program. But then it gets boring with way too much about the mourning and how unfair the whole situation is. And let's not even get into the excruciating detail in which she describes everything from the house to putting away groceries. As I said, I like the author, so I'm not saying this to be mean, but she must have gotten paid for product placement. I don't remember so many brand names being mentioned unnecessarily in any book I've ever read.

I found the first half of the book, simply, boring, but stuck with it because Scottoline has never disappointed me before. As the second half started I had high hopes but then it just got stupid. The twists and turns were either too convenient or too far-fetched, and the underlying premise was too contrived. I considered not finishing because I really didn't care what happened to any of the characters, except the dog. And that dog is the only reason I listened to the last two hours. At least I got some housework done while I listened.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges