Mini Book Review: Absolute Fear by Lisa Jackson


 I love when I think I have the mystery all figured out and then learn that I don't. Not only was I wrong about who the killer was, there were several twists that I did not see coming.

The main character, Eve, is fairly likable. I'm chalking up the qualities I don't like to the trauma she suffered in the beginning of the book. I assume we'll be seeing her in future New Orleans books, but I don't want to say why because I'd be giving something away.

Part of the reason I like the book so much is that one of the major themes is mental health and mental health treatment, and how far the medical community has advanced in the last several decades. Although it is still hard to believe some of the cruel and inhumane practices of the past were not all that far in the past.

Absolute Fear is a thrilling page-turner from beginning to end with plenty of Oh-my-gosh moments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrests in Operation Diamond Drop

Woman Charged with Posting
Nude Picture on Facebook

Two Arrested on Drug Charges